Art Supplies needed for Classes:
with Barbara Steinberg BFA
Optional Supplies List:
cotton tote bag to carry supplies
Quinachradome Gold Daniel Smith
gold or silver permanent pen to sign art
- 1)Plastic Watercolors Palette (Ideal and best is 9X12" slanted or larger) (Least expensive is small round palette)
- 2)watercolor Paper Pad (size 11 x 15" must be 140lb) (not 90#) Professional cotton or student grade)
- 3)a set of 12 (or larger) watercolor paints in tubes. (Must include Thalo Blue and Lemon Yellow in the set) These colors are mandatory.
Some Paint Brand names: Windsor and Newton (Cotman or professional ) , Grumbacher (Academy or Finest), Daniel Smith,or Reeves.
- 4)Quinachradome Rose - Windsor and Newton brands: (Cotman or professional) OrDaniel Smith, or Grumbacher (Finest or Academy) Permanent Rose is great too (PV19)
- 5)synthetic Brush - (non animal hair of any kind) wash brush (flat brush) 3/4"
- 6)set of round watercolor brushes (synthetic non animal hair) 1 or 2; 3 or 4; 6 or 7;8 ;and or 10) You can get by with 3 -5 rounds, and one flat brush.
- 7)2H graphite pencil or H or HB 2H pencil (must be graphite (not charcoal pencil)
- 8)Pencil Sharpener
- 9)artist eraser
- 10)Sharpie pen (black fine)
Art Supplies may be purchased at:
- Ben Franklin Kahului to buy all supplies
- Kihei Ace Hardware: To buy brushes, paper and palette
- Daniel Smith (Daniel Smith brand paints) Or 800-426-6740
- Cheap Joes (cheap Joes brushes) 800-227-2788
- Dick Blick 800-723-2787 (Has Grumbachers finest water colors.) or http://cheapjoesart.com
Please call me 808 2696845
when purchasing supplies
for my guidane
over the hone